How to contribute
- Make sure your issue is not all ready in the Jira issue tracker
- If not, create a ticket describing the change you’re proposing in the issue tracker
- Check out the latest version of the source code
- git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/thrift.git thrift
- Modify the source to include the improvement/bugfix
- Verify that you follow the same CodingStyle you see within the language you are working on
- Verify that your change works by adding a unit test.
- Create a patch from project root directory (e.g. you@dev:~/thrift $ ):
- git diff > ../thrift-XXX-my-new-feature.patch
- Attach the newly generated patch to the issue
- Wait for other developers or committers to review it and hopefully +1 the ticket
- Wait for a committer to commit it.
Plenty of information on why and how to contribute is available on the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) web site.
In particular, we recommend the following: